The FHS Go Center is a college mentoring center run by college students. It provides our students with career exploration materials and information related to college preparation, applications, and financial aid. Please let your counselor know if you would like to speak with a GO Center advisor. The FHS Go Center is open on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays during the following times:
Mentor Contact Information
- Amina Mashriqi • email@example.com • 682-365-0701
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays & Fridays | 1:00 - 3:30 p.m.
- Jason Shuntawana • firstname.lastname@example.org • 817-789-3622
- Mondays, Wednesdays | 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Fridays | 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Sponsor: Michelle Smith • email@example.com
At Ben Barber Innovation Academy, we are continually searching for opportunities for our students to get real world experiences. If you are a company/business that would like to get involved, we would like to provide you contact information to help you get started. There are four major areas of involvement:
- Advisory Panel Member – Each one of our 16 programs of study has an advisory panel consisting of community/business members that share their expertise. This panel helps reviews our curriculum. In addition, members can participate in grading panels for our students’ major projects and presentations.
- Guest Speaker – If you would like to speak to any of our classes about your real world experiences and/or what a job would be like in your field, please contact the campus principal at the email listed below.
- Job Shadowing Opportunity – By allowing our students to visit your company/business, they can realize what the job entails. This is imperative for their professional development.
- Internships/Practicums – When students get hands on experience, it helps them narrow their interests and allows them to focus on what they need to learn to be prepared for college and the work force. Each of our programs have internship opportunities for students. Please see descriptions below of what type of internships would work best for our students.
If you are interested in getting involved with any or all of the areas listed above, please contact the campus principal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ben Barber students: All Ben Barber/Frontier teachers will be using Canvas during the 2020-2021 school year. You will see your Ben Barber course populate on your dashboard automatically.
Password Reset: If you need to have your password reset, contact email@example.com
Canvas users will have access to all of their canvas courses through the following link: mansfieldisd.instructure.com
Classlink users can access Canvas through Classlink by clicking on https://launchpad.classlink.com/mansfield and signing in.
Microsoft Teams: Teachers are using Microsoft Teams to connect with students and provide live assistance. Open this student guide to learn how to use Microsoft Teams.