SHS Announcements Week of Apr 8
Posted 04/11/2019 08:48AM
Take a peek at our announcements for the week of April 1st . . .
- Prom tickets Info - on sale today, Monday, April 8th, for $80.00 a ticket. Tickets will be sold before school and during all lunches. Please note that Cash or Check are the only acceptable forms of payment for prom tickets. Online payments with cards will NOT be accepted.
- Course Schedule for 2019-20 - Freshmen, sophomores, and juniors-The courses that you all requested for the 19-20 school year are now available in Skyward for review. How do you see the courses you chose? Log into Skyward, click on "schedule" and then click "request courses for the 19-20 school year". Any changes to the list of courses students selected must be done in writing on a corrections form by April 18, 2019. Copies of the instructions to view your courses as well as a copy of the corrections form were mailed home to your parents.There are also copies of the corrections form available in the counseling office which you may come by to pick up between classes or during your lunch. All schedule change requests must be made in writing on the form provided by no later than April 18, 2019.
- Band Accolades - Last Thursday, the Summit HS Wind Symphony competed at the Region 5 Concert and Sight-Reading evaluation. They received straight 1's from all judges on stage and in sight-reading, earning a Sweepstakes Award. Congratulations to the Summit Wind Symphony, and to the Summit Band program at large for having all 3 concert bands earn Sweepstakes Awards this year!
- FCA Cancels Meeting - FCA will not meet this week. Our meeting next week will be Thursday as we will be out of school next Next Friday.
- Yoga Club Cancels Meeting - No Yoga Club this week. We will resume our usual yoga practice again next Wednesday. Namaste.
- Seniors who attended Charlotte Anderson Elementary - Charlotte Anderson would like to invite our 2019 Seniors and parents to our Senior Breakfast and Clap Out on Friday, April 26th from 7:15am to 8:45 am in the Charlotte Anderson Library. The clap out will start at 8:15am. Come enjoy breakfast with our current and former faculty and staff and let our CAE choir celebrate you with a performance. We would love for you to bring some old photos to display, along with items from your college of choice and awards you may have received during your high school career. Please wear your cap and gown, honor cords and stoles for the walk and photos!
- Library March Madness - This week is the championship round. Choose Night or The Hate U Give. Go by the library this week to vote.
- STAAR Testing - EOC English I testing is on Tuesday this week. English II is on Thursday. Good luck to all of our students taking one or both tests.
- 4 on 4 Tournament Results - Thank you to everyone that participated in the Michael Purgason 4 vs 4 tournament yesterday for our volleyball program! We hope you enjoyed playing! We appreciate your support! Congratulations to: 3rd place team (Rachel, Mel & Bianca) 2nd place team (Violet, Cat, Miguel, Noel, Jaden, Austin, David, Adrian) 1st place team (Kylie, KeKe, Jonathan, Maurice & Amande)
- Summer School Information - Summer School registration is now open. Visit the MISD home page for summer school information and registration. Your counselor can help you by advising you what course you should take during summer school. If you are interested in summer school, it is your responsibility to get registered
View our weekly archive of announcements