SHS Announcements Week of Apr 1
Posted 04/04/2019 01:40PM
Take a peek at our announcements for the week of April 1st . . .
- Prom tickets Info - are now on sale through the end of this week for $80.00 a ticket. Tickets will be sold before school and during all lunches. Sales end on Friday April 5th, and on that day tickets will be sold BEFORE SCHOOL ONLY. Please come by the finance office to purchase your tickets. Please note that Cash or Check are the only acceptable forms of payment for prom tickets. Online payments with cards will NOT be accepted.
- Summer TCC Classes - Students who are interested in taking a summer school course at TCC for the Summer session should come to the counseling office during your lunch today, April 1st. Someone from TCC is here registering students for summer classes on April 1st. If you do not register today, you will not be able to take TCC summer courses.
- Library Closed - The library is closed all week as we continue to host the English I boot camp. We will be open before and after school for those who need to check out a book or use a computer.
- Boys Golf Accolades - Congratulations to the summit boys golf team for winning the bricklayer open this past Friday’s Saturday at the old brick yard golf course in Ferris. The golf team was lead by junior Caleb Romero who finished first overall. Also contributing to the 1st place finish were junior Lalo Tovar and sophomore jack Baker who tied for second individually. Great job summit golf. The golf team concludes its season this Thursday and Friday at the district tournament. Good luck summit golf.
- UIL Speech & Debate Accolades - On Saturday, the UIL Speech/Debate team competed in district competition at Mansfield High School. Devine Nwoyoke placed 4th in Poetry and is the alternate for regionals, Bryan Machani placed 4th in Informative Speaking and is the alternate for regionals, and John Weaver placed first in Lincoln Douglas Debate and we will be advancing to regionals at UTA.
- Boys Volleyball Tournament - Attention ALL Guys: Our Summit Volleyball Program will be running our Michael Purgason Boy's 4 vs 4 Tournament on April 11th after school starting at 3:00pm! If you are interested and want more details, please contact Coach Alfaro or a volleyball player.
- Open Gym - Attention ALL Volleyball Players: Volleyball Open Gym Wednesdays from 3:00-4:30.
- New NHS Members - Attention Newly Selected NHS members: Many have not signed up on for the Remind listed on your acceptance letter. Remind is the primary communication method for NHS. Text S H S N H S 19 20 to 81010. Remember there is a new member meeting after school on April 11 in the Lecture hall. Induction on April 18
- UIL Spelling Accolades - This past Saturday, UIL spelling dominated the district competition. 1st place was Kelsey Ohene-Gheni, 2nd place was Emma Suleman, 3rd place was Tristan Brinlee-Trotter and 5th place was Sophia Pham. The entire Spelling team advanced to regional competition for UIL!!! Congratulations to the Summit UIL spelling team!
- Join Student Council - Do want to make your school a better place? Do you want to represent your peers in our community? Then a student leadership position is for you! If you are interested in running for a student body officer or class officer position you will need to attend a mandatory informational meeting during advisory either this Friday April 5th or Monday April 8th. The informational meeting will be held in room F5. Please see Ms. Shaffer for any questions.
- Band Accolades - On Tuesday, the Summit HS Symphonic Band competed at the Region 5 Concert and Sight-Reading Evaluation at the MISD Center for the Performing Arts. The band earned a 1st division rating on stage and in sight-reading, earning them a Sweepstakes award. Congratulations to the Summit Symphonic Band!
- Softball Accolades - Congratulation to both softball teams on their victories last night over Cedar Hill. The Varsity won 16-5 and the JV won 7-4. It was a great team effort in both games. Both teams will be in action Friday night, at home, against SGP starting with the JV at 5:15 and the varsity to following at 7:00 pm. Hope to see you there!!
- March Madness in the Library - The Library's March Madness is down to the Final 4. Will it be The Great Gatsby or Night? Will it be The Help or The Hate U Give? Your vote decides. See Mrs. Tahaney in the library for details.
- Visit the Go Center - Juniors--SAT and ACT signup deadlines are approaching! You have until April 6th to sign up for the May SAT, and May 3rd to sign up for the June ACT. Come visit the GO Center in the library to receive help with your signups! Open 5 days a week!
View our weekly archive of announcements