High school students in the culinary program at Ben Barber Innovation Academy (BBIA) tasted success at the regional competition and will now display their cooking skills at the state level.
One five-member team from BBIA won first place in restaurant management at the Texas ProStart invitational. The other earned second place in culinary arts.
Texas ProStart prepares students for careers in the restaurant and food service industry. Thousands of students from more than 240 high schools participate in the program each year.
The BBIA teams will compete in the Texas State ProStart Invitational on March 23 and 24 in San Antonio. First place teams move on to compete at nationals against the best culinary students in the country.
Congratulations to the following participants:
- Aaliyah Abra, Frontier High School (senior)
- Cecilia Harlen, Frontier High School (senior)
- Justice Jackson, Summit High School (freshman)
- Audrey Oster, Mansfield High School (senior)
- Kaiya Stroy, Legacy High School (sophomore)
- Reece Bowman, Lake Ridge High School (senior)
- Donovan Johnson, Legacy High School (junior)
- Gabriana Miller, Mansfield High (senior)
- Sydney Toledo, Mansfield High School (senior)
- Alyssa Turner, Frontier High School (senior)