Ben Barber Innovation Academy is committed to creating partnerships where business and community partners can learn more about our programs and ensure the success of our students through shared knowledge and real-life situations.
We do that by connecting our partners to our programs through two areas: advisory council and internships. Learn more about each below:
Advisory councils were established as a way for business and community professionals to engage with teachers, students, administrators, and parents to continuously evaluate and improve career and technical education (CTE) programs of study. Business and community partners share their knowledge and expertise of industry best practices and current labor market needs so CTE teachers and leaders can ensure students graduate college and career ready.
- Evaluate CTE lab spaces and make recommendations for improvements.
- Provide internship opportunities to facilitate hands-on learning experiences.
- Evaluate CTE curriculum to ensure alignment with current industry needs.
Volunteer to Serve:
If you are interested in using your knowledge and expertise to improve one of our Career and Technical Education programs, please complete this form.
The internship program is designed to expose students to real-world situations and develop skills they will encounter in the workforce. All internship students have completed a coherent sequence of courses within their specific career pathway in order to be exceptionally prepared for a meaningful work-based learning experience.
- Assist students in making career choices by introducing them to an industry or role they are interested in after graduation.
- Develop mentor/mentee relationships that help guide the next generation of young people.
- Can serve as preliminary employment training to determine if the student intern can become a future team member.
If you are interested in partnering with the MISD CTE department to host a student intern, please complete the interest form.
Have questions about our partnerships? Contact Dr. LeighAnn Tamplen, Director of CTE and CCMR, at LeighAnnTamplen@misdmail.org.